Services Offered by the Elementary Guidance Department
Counseling services in Willow Grove School are varied and tailored to meet the needs of our student population. The following are included:
- Individual student counseling: Short term, specific and usually addresses school-related issues. Students may be referred by the classroom teacher, I&RS/RTI/504 committee, parents, and the principal.
- Group counseling: Short term and focused on how to build friendships, manage impulsive behaviors, follow directions, learn responsible behaviors, build self-esteem, make informed decisions and wise choices, learn cooperation and how to be considerate of others.
- Guidance classes: Conducted on all levels (2-4) from September through December. The specific issues addressed deal with character education, conflict resolution, bullying and harassment, and career awareness.
- Referrals to outside agencies: Updated lists and information are maintained for the convenience of our students and parents of appropriate outside and/or community agencies, including scouts and recreational activities.
- Private tutoring referrals.
- The Rainbows program for children who have experienced some type of loss.
Additional Counselor Roles:
- Member of the I&RS/RTI/504 committee.
- Member of the Building Crisis Management Team.
- School Anti-Bullying Specialist and Chair of the School Safety Committee
- School test coordinator for NJSLA (grades 3 and 4).
- Coordinator and facilitator of the Rainbows Program.
- Risk assessment evaluations.
- Participate in professional counselor development through the Warren County School Counselors Association.
- Coordinate home instruction.
Last Modified on September 15, 2016